Friday, January 18, 2008

prayer

My two middle sons, Nathan and Jackson always pray before we eat dinner. Our baby boy, Bryson, who is 18 months old, is very perceptive and picks up on everything (scary, yes I know) that his older brothers do. I realized this yesterday when I sat Bryson in his high chair for lunch and he put his little hands over his face and started praying his own little mumbling prayer. Moments like this just melt my heart and make me realize that even though my boys do things to drive me crazy and push me to the edge of insanity sometimes, they are the most precious beings on this earth. They grow up too fast and I have vowed to treasure the sweet moments and let the not-so-sweet moments move to the back of my mind.

"Children are bits of stardust blown from the hands of God."

No comments: