Friday, May 23, 2008

catching up


Once again I have been lagging on keeping the blog up to date. It's been very busy around here with 3 boys playing baseball (one of them playing on two teams) and dad head coaching one team and assisting with two more. Basically I just grab Bryson and go where my schedules tell me to go. Other than baseball, not much has gone on. We have had some storm damage that will require a new roof and some ceiling repairs - that's all minor in my opinion.

Mother's Day was a couple of weeks ago. It's really a special day for me. I consider myself the luckiest mom in the world. I have four healthy, happy, gorgeous boys who make me crazy and make me smile every single day. My oldest is too old for all that sweet stuff now but my two middle ones can melt my heart. Jackson will sometimes tell me out of the blue "you're beautiful Mom". Nathan is my little sweetie who never fails to bring me flowers for no reason and they both love to make cards and drawings for me. Of course I keep them all and if I had enough wall space I would frame each one. My house is large, but not that large.

Today is my Jackson's 5th birthday. He is so excited he can hardly stand still. He can't wait to be five, can't wait to go to Kindergarten and can't wait to play baseball for WKU and the Cincinnati Reds. Since it's his birthday, I will talk a little about him. Jackson is a gorgeous child....deep dark brown eyes that are huge and a smile that will melt your heart. He is a mischevious little child and will now and then say a bad word when he thinks no one is listening. He has a major obsession with sports - all sports, not just one sport, all sports. He is particularly fond of basketball and baseball and for someone who just turned 5 today, he is a "stud" at both". He is not only good, he knows the games, the rules, the scoring, etc. He learned to count by twos and threes by shooting basketball every day this winter and spring. I have watched him hit 9 out of 10 shots on an 8 foot goal more than once. His love for baseball is unlike anything I've seen. He is playing 5/6 yo pee wee this year - the Padres. When he bats, he holds his hand up to call time (even when there is no umpire behind the plate) to take a couple of swings. When someone doesn't do something right on the field, he points it out to all involved. He asks the coach when he gets to first base if he can "lead off". It's a real hoot watching him. I could go on and on about him and some of the funny things he says but I haven't got all day.

Anyway, on this day, I am ever so thankful for my third little baby boy - 7lbs 15 oz boy with a head full of black hair that stuck straight up for the first year of his life. God has truly blessed us with these boys....they are all different and all so precious to me. I love you Jackson - on your 5th birthday - (we're going to "Crabs" for dinner tonight (that's Red Lobster).

No comments: